Friday, May 20, 2011

Love-Hate

After taking a short 6 year break, I have reintroduced running into my life. Let me qualify "running." My pace is approximately the same speed as Kingley's medium-fast walk. I love the way I feel after a run, but absolutely hate the first 25 minutes. That's a long time to be miserable. As soon as I get past the initial thoughts of thinking I am literally going to pass out and die, I am good for a while longer. My favorite part is that Lane is so encouraging and continually voices how proud he is of my discipline and consistency. It's only been 1 week but I will gladly take all the praise. Feel free to ask me if I've been running lately but no guarantees that my response will be kind.

Below is Team Murphy. She is my little work-out buddy and main motivation for getting into shape. I'm not sure why she has started covering her face when I take her picture.


2 comments:

  1. 6 year break, I love it! Yes, that encourages me. Way to get back up on that horse, girrrrrl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Amy, every time I read this blog I literally LOL! And I'm hugging you in my heart right now. Love, Shanna

    ReplyDelete