Sunday, September 11, 2011

You Say Tomato


Harper's school sent home a parent involvement volunteer form so parents could sign up to help with school activities. One section of the form offered a space to note any areas of expertise that might be applicable to themed units. For example, if you are a music teacher, you might write "music" on the form. Makes sense. I signed Lane up for farming and me up for plants, gardening, and ocean animals. Mind you, the form states "areas of expertise," not "areas of some experience and/or interest." I figured Harper will be more blessed by her parents' school involvement than hurt by the fact that her mom is a little bit of a liar. I can't wait to teach a lesson on the communication patterns of manatees and the brilliant GPS of the yellowfin tuna.
On the topic, during a sorority rush party, I told a member of Tri Delt that I was on the Baylor Water Ski team. Things got awkward when she replied that she was also on the Baylor Water Ski team. Needless to say, I did not pledge Delta Delta Delta. 


3 comments:

  1. Laughing my head off! After living in Alaska for two years, I'd volunteer at the kid's school (in the lower 48) to teach on Bears and Killer Whales--though my only encounters were when whales swam by our island or cleaning up the aftermath of when bears got into our trash! Now I know why I love you so much Amy!! A kindred spirit indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that time you lied and told your hairdresser that you were a dalmation for Halloween? That one is definitely in my top 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember that story, shelly. and i love it. amy, you're so wierd.

    ReplyDelete