Friday, September 16, 2011

Last Night

Me: Hey babe, you're home early. How was your softball game?
Lane: Pretty good. The ump ended the game because we made too many runs on them.
Me: What was the score?
Lane: 21 to 1.
Me: Shoot. Poor them.Who did you play?
Lane: Caterpillar (the bulldozer company) B Team
Me: Sad
Lane: Yah, and three of the guys were wearing jorts with hammer hooks.
Me: So sad.
Lane: Yah, and Steve hit a line drive and hit the pitcher in the *groin. The guy just rolled around on the ground while the ump yelled "Don't rub it." Steve felt really bad. (This story is actually 50 million times funnier if you know Steve. Why?...because Steve is stinking hilarious and this story fits him perfect. I can just see him kind of mumbling a small apology while scooting on to first base.)
Me: Laughing so hard I can't breathe.
Lane: Have you ever seen a worm do the worm? I just saw an earthworm do the worm on TV.
Me: Wait. What?

I know what you are thinking and you are exactly right. 

*Word replacement to remain audience appropriate.

1 comment:

  1. This story would not be funny at all if I only heard it from Steve. Here's how it went down in our house:
    me: How was the game?
    Steve: fine
    me: great
    Steve: (20 minutes later) well, I did hit some guy in the nuts.
    He forgot to mention the guy rolling around in his jorts and the ump yelling.
    So funny - you have a gift my friend, don't hide it in a bushel!

    ReplyDelete